- January 16, 2017, 8pm, Berkeley Repertory Theater, Aimee’s short play “The Bedtime Story” is premiered by Playground along with 5 other short plays. Directed by Lisa Marie Rollins.
- January 18, 2017, 7pm, Conrad Prebys Music Center, La Jolla, CA. Composer Tiange Zhou performs a song, “hEArT based upon Aimee’s poem “The heart is a hollow.”
- February 7, 2017, 6:30-8:30pm, Co-Munity Workspace 3207 Lakeshore Avenue, Oakland, Aimee facilitates Day 2 of “Open Love Letters: the Writing Workshops.” The Open Love Letters Writing Workshop Series provides new, emerging and experienced writers with tools to investigate, instigate and prioritize healing. Our instructors will guide you through a series of writing prompts chosen from An Open Love Letter to Black Fathers, by Delina Patrice Brooks. Sign up: http://www.delinadream.com/open-love-letter-the-workshops.html
- February 8-11, various. Washington Convention Center & Washington Marriott Marquis, Washington DC, AWP (Association of Writers and Writing Programs) conference. Aimee will appear in two panels, R258. Writerism: The Intersection of Community Activism and Writing Within and Beyond the Academy (on Feb 9, 3pm), and F160. National Monuments: The Poetry of Contested Spaces (on Feb 10, 10:30am). Click on the links and visit https://www.awpwriter.org/awp_conference for more info.
- February 9, 6 p.m. – 8:30 p.m. True Reformer Building, 1200 U Street. Aimee will be sharing poetry at the reading, “Floricanto in Solidarity with Standing Rock.” Also featuring Los Angeles Poet Laureate Luis Rodriguez, Librotraficanto founder Tony Diaz, writer and Huizache Magazine founding editor Dagoberto Gilb, and others.
- February 18, 3pm, Cesar Chavez Library in Fruitvale, Oakland. Featured reading at Jingletown Reading Series, more details TBA.
- March 3, Aimee Suzara: Poems from the Resistance featured performance, at Town Biz, 349 15th St Oakland CA
- March 11 text-dance collaboration w Natalia V. Aceves-Ghezzi at Standing Rock benefit 6-10pm, MVMT Dance, 2973 Sacramento St, Berkeley, CA
- March 17 TBC guest at Oakland variety show
- March 22 4:30-6:30 hosting “Justice for All?” poetry event at Euphrat Museum, De Anza College
- March 24-25 guest collaboration w/ Natalia V. Aceves-Ghezzi & company at the DIRT Festival 2017 – Dance In Revolt(ing) Times
- March 30, 6pm, moderating a panel of fierce women choreographers at CubaCaribe 2017 – Panel & Reception: Movers and Shakers
- April 8, 2-5pm, short poetry set at Transformative Visions, Oakstop, Oakland CA http://sanfrancisco.carpediem.cd/events/2858863-transformative-visions-art-jazz-spoken-word-at-oakstop/
- May 10, 7pm, Bindlestiff Studios: Aimee teaches a writing workshop, Silbihan. Sign up and get more info: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10211256332097520&set=a.3445762616237.149671.1035782023&type=3&theater or https://tinyurl.com/silbihanww2017.
ARCHIVE – 2015-2016 Appearances
- August 10-16, 2015: Aimee at Ghost Ranch, New Mexico for A Room of Her Own Foundation’s retreat/residency, where she presents a WAVES discussion, reads her poetry, offers a Studio Hour workshop for “In This Skin” and offers one-on-one consultations in performance coaching.
- August 24, 2015, 7pm: Aimee performs at the Congreso: People, Power and Policy conference, Holiday Inn Capital Plaza, 300 J Street, Sacramento, CA 95814
- September 24, 2015: Aimee performs at the Asian American Writer’s Workshop in NY, 7:00pm, Asian American Writers’ Workshop, 110-112 W. 27th Street, Sixth Floor, New York, NY 10001
- September 25, 2015: Aimee performs in Brooklyn, NY at the Traincart #001 Reading Series, September 25th, 2015, 7:30PM, Express Yourself Barista Bar, 82 Central Avenue, Brooklyn, NYC.
- September 25-26, 2015: Aimee will be a speaker / sharing work at the A/PA Institute, NYU’s conference, “America and Its Unfit: Eugenics Then and Now.”
- October 2015: Info TBA, Litcrawl with CIIS
- October 10 2015: Aimee receives WILLA Finalist award, Oregon
- Oct 5-November 15, 2015: Writing to Remember (online), 6-week workshop through the Loft Literary Center.
- January 23, 2016 7:30pm, Timkin Hall, California College for the Arts, SF: Aimee’s short play, “Bracing for the Storm” will have a public staged reading as a part of Poet’s Theater, hosted by Small Press Traffic. Details: http://smallpresstraffic.org/2691
- April 13, 6:30-8:30pm, 370 Dwinelle Hall at UC Berkeley, “The Body of the Migrant in Literature and Diaspora” – a Filipina writer’s panel featuring Aimee Suzara, Mia Alvar and Joi Barrios.
- April 14-17, in attendance and on April 16, Aimee leads her WORKSHOP, “In This Skin: a Writing and Performance Workshop” at the Split This Rock Poetry Festival, Washington, DC
- April 21-23, Various locations in San Francisco, CA: Kuwentuhan (Talkstory), a poetry residency sponsored by the San Francisco Poetry Center and led by Barbara Jane Reyes, with live public performances by seven writers, beginning with a launch event on Thursday 4/21 featuring all seven writers. Click on link for full calendar.
- April 22, 7pm, Bayanihan Cultural Center, San Francisco. Aimee’s featured reading along with Arlene Biala and Urayoen Noel, as a part of Kuwentuhan (Talkstory)
- May 4, 7pm, Las Positas College, Lecture hall 2420, “In This Skin” reading/performance/talk with me and students of the Poetry Club.
- May 7-8, CNMAT – Center for New Media and Audio Technologies, UC Berkeley (1750 Arch Street, Berkeley, CA) at UC Berkeley, a multidisciplinary performance of poems from my book, SOUVENIR, with composition and artistic direction by Ursula Kwong-Brown; video by Kaitlin Forcier; cello by Janne De Mars; and acting by Hunt Scarritt. Event page here. .
- May 11, Aimee appears at Skyline College, and students; event begins 11 am with students; Aimee Suzara at 12:30pm; Multicultural Center, Building 4.
- May 14, see the AYPAL youth “guerilla theater” group Aimee is teaching/supporting to perform at their May Arts festival, as a resident artist through the Artist-Investigator Program, CalShakes, San Antonio Park (details TBA)
- (This workshop was rescheduled until further notice) May 28, 1-5pm, Hugo House, Seattle, WA: Aimee lead’s an introductory intensive workshop, “Poetic Moments: Flashplays and Writing for Performance.”
- June 9, at the Starline Social Club, 2236 Martin Luther King, Oakland, CA. Aimee will be one of several artists performing at Breaking Through Concrete – An Arts & Activism Celebration: artists exploring the impact of interconnected social and environmental justice issues that threaten the health and safety of our communities and our future, and offering solutions. Visit the link for more info!
- August 26, 2016, 7pm: Aimee reads at Cleave: Bay Area Women Writers, a series based at the Octopus Literary Salon in Oakland, 2101 Webster St @ 22nd, Oakland. This evening features Judy Halebsky, Kelly Jean Egan, Mei Li Ooi, and Aimee Suzara. Books will be available for sale and signing.
- September 10-17, 2016: Aimee in residence to lead one week of theater-making, playwriting and performance during Whitman College’s Instant Play Festival in Walla Walla, WA.